For 33 years GUTS Racing has prided themselves on being the innovators in seat technology. If you’re looking for a comfortable and stylish place to park your rear end on your dirt bike then look no further. GUTS carries an extensive product line of seat covers and foam no matter what you ride! Use the promo code Vurb20 at checkout to save on your order!
Welcome to the 2023 Slaw/Troy Dog/Ginger Dog Combined 250/450 Top Ten Power Rankings! Slaw, Ginger, and Troy each have created their own list of who they believe carry the most power in the sport. They each have created their own categories and have weighted these people accordingly, whether its speed, following, skills, you name it. Or it could just be random. Basically, whatever is happening that week is fair game.
This week Ginger Dog and Slaw Dog went MIA and left Troy Dog CEO to do these rankings by himself. Thankfully his list is always the best out of the three, so it was no problem, but it is nice to get some other points of view in this segment. Troy Dog is leading by example and we should all thank him for his A+ journalism.
Each week these rankings will be updated so that you guys can argue about how wrong they are in the comment section! Feel free to tell us if we’re right/wrong/or completely dumb.
- AP7 joined the Squad Pod this week to discuss life, MXoN, his Ohio roots, being a cowboy and more. You can listen to it now on the Vurbmoto Podcast Network.
- My team over at HEP extended their sponsorship with Suzuki for a couple more years! Good job to everyone involved!
- Garrett Marchbanks was a stud all 450MX and for SMX Playoffs. He took home a lot of money and beat some factory boys in the process.
- Triumph finally unveiled their bikes and had Ricky Carmichael and Jeff Stanton ride them at the LA Coliseum! We got to see them in action!
- Team Guam is ready for MXoN with Grant Harlan (MXGP), Joshua Varize (MX2), and Sean Lipanovich (Open). You know what that means? That’s right! I’m racing the MXoN!
- Talon Hawkins was very under the radar his rookie season, but he had some great showings for the Rockstar Husqvarna Team. He finished 14th in the 250SX East Region, his best finish was an 8th in Atlanta after jumping in after SX Futures. Then he finished 12th overall outdoors, with his best finish an 11th at Southwick and Washougal. Then in LA he went 11-9 for 11th overall. Suree, he didn’t win or podium, but he got his feet wet and with a full offseason of prep he should be able to improve as a sophomore in 2024.
- I don’t know much about the Cordle family, but I know that they are social media influencers. Hunter seems to love motocross, so he’s been posting a lot of great content regarding the sport and he was invited to ride the track at the LA Coliseum on press day. The more eyes on the sport the better. My only gripe was that his wife Devin didn’t have her Grinch costume or do any of her Grinch impersonations. Maybe next time…
- Pop Tarts get me through my day sometimes. What’s your favorite? The only right answer is Brown Sugar Cinnamon.
- The Dirtbike Depot Team is fielding 5 riders for the 250SX East Region! So far in the lineup they have Gage Linville, Logan Leitzel, Marcus Phelps, and Bryce Shelly. A fifth rider will be announced soon. Big moves!
- It turns out that Jenna down at South of the Border runs a tight ship all the way down to her mailroom. She makes sure that Hunter Yoder gets all of his Squad materials and we’re very thankful for her top tier professionalism.
Photo: Align Media