For 33 years GUTS Racing has prided themselves on being the innovators in seat technology. If you’re looking for a comfortable and stylish place to park your rear end on your dirt bike then look no further. GUTS carries an extensive product line of seat covers and foam no matter what you ride! Use the promo code Vurb20 at checkout to save on your order!
Welcome to the 2023 Slaw/Troy Dog/Ginger Dog Combined 250/450 Top Ten Power Rankings! Slaw, Ginger, and Troy each have created their own list of who they believe carry the most power in the sport. They each have created their own categories and have weighted these people accordingly, whether its speed, following, skills, you name it. Or it could just be random. Basically, whatever is happening that week is fair game.
Each week these rankings will be updated so that you guys can argue about how wrong they are in the comment section! Feel free to tell us if we’re right/wrong/or completely dumb.
-Jo did phenomenal. I don’t know what has gotten into him lately. He looks more confident and it’s showing big time at the races.
-1-1. I didn’t realize how ready I was to see Chase take the overall. Bub Dog and I watched the race together that day. He was sporting his Sexton T-shirt standing in front of the TV screaming, “He’s ripping!” We were all ready to see it. Good job, Chase.
-2nd overall in round 1. I also have a really big soft spot for Kenny. I had the biggest crush on him back when I first got into moto. Forget the Dungey hype, Kenny was my guy. Still is.
-I saw on his IG that he was really sick the night before Charlotte. He still managed to pull 2nd in the first moto. He’s a beast.
-He finally got a podium!
-The negativity I’ve seen on social media around the team is annoying. I do want to add that I’ve seen a lot of good comments too. I think AP, Hampshire, & Craig are going to give it their all. At the end of the day we should be proud of our boys. I’m happy we have a team to represent the USA. You should be too.
-Ty is still battling his issues with appendicitis and that sounds absolutely miserable. To race with that and still be the top privateer is an incredible accomplishment for him and the entire HBI Kawasaki team.
-I liked it.
-I didn’t want to hear from 9th. Yeah, he’s the points leader. So what. Levi or Vialle should have been the obvious pick. TV broadcasts cater to the bandwagon fan base. I love the top guys but I don’t always want to hear from them. Do better TV people.
-Football is back. I love it almost as much as I love dirtbikes. I’m not doing too bad in fantasy either. Week one was nuts though. I hope Rodgers makes a quick recovery, Burrow WILL bounce back, and I hope the Cowboys enjoyed that shutout. It won’t happen again this season.
-Team USA was officially announced yesterday and features three great choices! Aaron Plessinger will take his mullet, mustache, and cowboy hat and race MX1, RJ Hampshire (who was born to race this race) will be MX2, and Christian Craig returns from injury to race MX3. This is a team that I would pick to represent my country at one of the coolest events of the year.
– The Vurb Classic is happening right now as we speak at NXT LVL 101 in South Carolina. Be there!
– Ty Masterpool was top privateer again even after not being completely better off of his appendicitis ordeal. Two great starts as well!
– Benny Bloss, Wide Receiver, Missouri, was my guest on the Squad Pod this week and as always he was a fun interview. We love catching up with Benny. Congrats on your new wide receiver deal with the Chiefs!
– It’s crazy that I can post a podium interview on X with Damon Bradshaw from 30 years ago and it still creates conversation. We had fun on Twitter/X this week watching Art Eckman grill Bradshaw in a second place finish to McGrath. Bradshaw would have rather been anywhere else, but handled it as professionally as he could. I love the 90s.
– Starling went on a mission to find his kidnapped suspension, thanks to United for taking it from him. He was able to track it down, but it was a journey and a day that he’d like to forget. What a hero.
– I did a “Cold Call Cade” segment on this week’s Squad Pod (available now on the Vurbmoto Podcast Network). I wanted to bury any beef that we had. Will he answer or will he send me to voicemail? You’ll have to listen to find out.
– Ken Roczen, second overall at SMX Playoff 1? He’s in the game to win the whole thing!
– Jordan Smith returned from injury and showed that he came ready to play! He went 8-4 for fifth on the day at his hometown race.
-Chicago is offering up DOUBLE POINTS this weekend! That’s going to shake everything up!
ED Note: Slaw went MIA again this week, which means I’m looking for a new editor. Email your resumes to Jason Weigandt.