Somehow, Steve Matthes, he of PulpMX Hockey fame, has convinced the folks at Feld Entertainment to allow him to have his own race. I’m still very confused how he has managed to pull this off, but here we are.
The race was scheduled for Friday in Denver but was moved to THIS Friday at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross season finale in Salt Lake City due to high winds last weekend.
Steve and the bad ass community that we are have raised close to $100,000 for this race, with 100% of the money going to deserving privateers. You can still enter to win a 2022 YZ450F and more prizes.
We here at vurbmoto love us some privateers, so we wanted to help with the race and donate some cold, hard cash money! While on the PulpMX Show on Monday, vurbwes agreed to giveaway $1000 this weekend and I’m here to breakdown how all this will work.
We are splitting the money into two categories: the Vurb Last Lap Fast Lap Award and the Vurb Blurb Award. Thanks to a Mister Darkside for the idea of the Last Lap Fast Lap Award!
The Vurb Last Lap Fast Lap Award is pretty straight forward: we are giving $800 to the racer with the FASTEST LAP ON THE LAST LAP of the race. So, even if you are in last place, if you throw down a heater, you could win $800!
The Vurb Blurb Award is a little more complicated. We are giving $200 to the rider with the BEST podium speech. While this award will be determined by a panel of established, high-profile people, I am here to tell you privateers a few things:
- If you rattle off a list of sponsors you will 100000% NOT be getting this money. Look, we get it, we have sponsors too, but WE ain’t here for that, unless you just mention vurbmoto over and over again.
- Mentioning vurbmoto will probably help your case. Just sayin.
- Slamming down a hot dog on the podium will probably help your case.
- Mentioning Vurb Slaw Dog will probably help your case.
- NOT mentioning Vurb Troy Dog will probably help your case.
Also, WE will be on hand filming the entire race, so check back to this here website for some content. Good luck to all the privateers this weekend.
Viva la Vurb!
(p.s. Be sure to tune into the VURBMOTO YouTube channel for coverage that will be way better than Steve’s and/or Racer X. Like, way, way better, too.)