The Masterpool/Deegan Moto 1 Battle Was An Instant Classic

If you were lucky enough to line the fences of RedBud this past weekend then you were treated to some amazing racing.

However, RedBud is not just about the racing, okay like 75% of it is, but the other 25% is all about the vibe.

The first 250 Moto was an instant classic and it went right down to the wire with Ty Masterpool and Haiden Deegan. In those final laps something magical happened in the RedBud crowd. It was intense and everyone was cheering, yelling, making noise with their gadget of choice (cowbells and airhorns are essential).

My family was in the thick of it and I had chills going. It was exciting to watch people run from each side of the field to watch the battle on each side of it.

You can see and hear the packed hillsides in this clip. Look at the fence line come alive in the final stretches of the race!

I will say that this was one of the most memorable calls from Weege’s television career and although he’s had a lot of great ones. This one takes the cake.

I’ve been going to RedBud since 2005 and I don’t think I’ve heard the crowd that loud since the famous 2007 battle between Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart. It’s been a long time. This moment was big and it set the tone for the racing the rest of the day.

Go back and listen one more time! You can hear the fans over Weege yelling in the booth! This was like a close AFC Championship game where the Bengals lose to the Chiefs over and over again at Arrowhead Stadium!

I just thought that this was worth another repost. If you were there then you witnessed something special. This was was the first Moto that my young children had the chance to watch in person and what a special way to introduce it to them! I bet a lot of other families were in the same circumstances, showing their children what a National is like.

We’ve come a long way since Kenworthy’s 1997, so many things have changed for the better.

This sport is healthy right now and it’s amazing to see the growth.

Main Image: Octopi Media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Written by Troy Dog

Faster than Slaw Dog. Editor-in-Chief

“I Love Everything About This Race,” Aaron Plessinger is the President of RedBud

Jason Weigandt Joins Winners Take Y’all to Talk About Believe the Hype, Plus More!